The Wall

I didn't sense the deluge
until I felt
its downward drag.
I watched them
flailing
drowning
frantically reaching
to grasp the wall.

They were tender
and I was selfish
thinking of my happiness
putting me before them.

At last
He showed His mercy
allowing release
of the past
providing the healing balm
restoring His vision
while masterly
gathering
placing
broken pieces
back
firmly
pulling them
up
into His light.
Patching the gaping chinks
in the wall.

Now our days are full of wonder
questions
thoughts.
We know each breath
each mood
each stroke
embracing every struggle.
Rare treasures
not all from my blood yet
all from my soul.

We want to keep them close
hoard them and their precious hearts.
But today's the moment to let them
explore
discover
discern
eager to dive
into His stunning
amazing world
His love offering to mankind.

Living through countless years
of joy and pain
we've learned to be
the wall He designed
a stronghold
ever present
easily gripped
when they're
afraid
unsure
clinging
to catch their breath
regaining strength
then pushing away
revived
ready to swim
strong and fearless
again.

Melanie



















Comments

Popular Posts